Caramelized Sea Scallops With Spinach
- Add oil to a large frying pan and heat over high until sizzling
- Add scallops one ate a time, flat side down
- Let the scallops cook, over high heat until they are brown and caramelized – a good 3-4 minutes. *You’ll know they are ready to flip over when they release- if they stick, they’re not ready!*
- Flip over and cook for 1 minute on the other side
- Put the pan back over high heat and add broth.
- Deglaze the pan by gently scraping all brown bits off the bottom
- Add Balsamic Mosto Cotto and simmer until liquid is reduced by half
- Place scallops over a portion of Garlic Wilted Spinach or Cauliflower Rice and drizzle with sauce.
- Enjoy! Serves 4.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
½ of this recipe is approximately 1 lean and 2 healthy fat options
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
0 - Green
0 - Condiments
2 - Healthy Fat
Stacey Hawkins, the Queen of Lean and Green Recipes makes Caramelized Sea Scallops With Spinach. This low-carb recipe is an Optavia Recipe, Optavia 5 and 1 recipe and complies with most low carb diets. Eat great and lose the weight!
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story