If you love flavor like I do, you're always YEARNING for something different than the same old same old condiments. You want yummy, yet easy- not meals that make you cry.
This week I bring you SPECTACULAR with the mighty onion. Yep. Onions. No more crying over them- in fact, you'll want to SING after you try this incredibly tasty, tangy and different side dish!
Balsamic Caramelized Onions are as easy to make as they are to eat. Slowly cooking them over medium heat brings out their sweet and tender side, making them a perfect accompaniment for so many dishes. We amp them up by adding the Balsamic Mosto Cotto taking them to another dimension entirely!
You can pair your meal / meats with any green side dish you may love- like mesclun greens, wilted spinach or even green beans.
I suggest you make a larger batch of these and keep them in the fridge- everyone will want to scarf them up and you'll wonder where they went. With so much flavor, and so few calories for a condiment, who could blame them?
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 C onion slices
- 1/4 C low sodium chicken broth
- Place a medium sized frying pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the onions and the broth and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Try not to let the onions brown.
- When onions are soft and liquid has evaporated, add the balsamic. Turn off heat, stir and let onions steep in the balsamic while pan remains on the stove.
- Serve hot over grilled meats or chilled on salads.
- May remain refrigerated for up to 1 week
Chef's Notes & More
Serving Size is 2 Tablespoon of Onions
1.5 - Condiments
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story