Soup is a fast, easy and can be a very delicious go-to for a quick Lean and Green meal. In this recipe, the warm, rich flavors of Sonoma partner with hearty ground turkey to make for a Turkey Enchilada Soup in only 20 minutes.
4 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil (or other oil). [4 healthy fats]
1.5 lbs ground turkey (or chicken) 97% lean [4 leanest leans]
4 C low sodium chicken broth
1 T Stacey Hawkins Phoenix Sunrise Seasoning (or low salt taco seasoning) [3 condiments]
1 T Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning (or garlic, chives and garlic powder) [3 condiments]
1 C cilantro leaves [1 condiment]
1 tsp fresh lime juice
6 ounces avocado slices [4 healthy fats]
8 Tablespoons sour cream [4 condiments]
- Add oil to a small stock pot or soup pot (with lid) and heat over medium high heat.
- Add turkey and saute for 3 minutes, until opaque but not browned.
- Break up clumps into small pieces while sauteing.
- Sprinkle meat with Phoenix Sunrise and Garlic Seasonings.
- Add the chicken broth, stir and cover the pot with a lid. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, chop the cilantro and prep the avocado slices.
- When ready to serve, stir cilantro into the soup, divide into 4 bowls and then top with 1.5 ounces of avocado (measure for accuracy) and 2 Tablespoons of sour cream.
Medifast recipe servings / Take Shape for Life recipe servings / Optavia recipe servings / Lean and Green Recipe servings:
1/4 of this recipe is 1 Lean option (1 Leanest Lean & 2 Healthy Fats) and 2.75 Condiments