I love meals that can be made in one pan! Especially those that can be done in just minutes. This week’s Throw Together Thursday recipes features the warm, rich flavors of the Southwest and is one of those Lean and Green recipes you’ll turn to time and again. Quick, easy and delicious, it features your choice of protein (excellent use for leftovers!) and is low carb, tasty and fits with any life-style, diet or not! Kid-friendly, husband-friendly and of course, keto friendly, you’re going to love this Simple Sonoma Skillet dinner.
4 teaspoons Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil (or oil of your choice)
1 cup scallions (or onions if allowed on your program)
1 cup of red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 cup of yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
20 ounces thinly sliced chicken or steak (can be cooked leftovers or uncooked)
1 Tablespoon (one capful) Stacey Hawkins Phoenix Sunrise Seasoning
- Add the oil to the pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the scallions/onions and let them cook for 3-5 minutes, until browned on one side.
- Add the peppers and stir. Again, let them cook for a good 5-7 minutes until nicely browned. Have patience and just let them cook…. maybe while you’re slicing the meat and getting it ready for the next step. The key to getting great color, flavor and char on this dish is a hot pan and patience
- When the peppers are soft and cooked, transfer to a dish to keep warm.
- Put the pan back over medium high heat and when warm, add the sliced meat. Sprinkle seasoning over the meat and cook for 5-7 minutes (or longer if using raw meat) stirring occasionally.
- When the meat is fully cooked, add the peppers back to the pan and stir to incorporate (and warm up the peppers.)
- Serve hot as a main dish, or over greens as a salad.
Makes 4 servings
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
1/4 of this recipe is 1 Lean, 1 1/2 Green, 1 Healthy Fat and 1 Condiment
Like this recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time?
You don’t have to suffer any longer with dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. That’s why I’m here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews can’t be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
One- Step Lean and Green Meal Making Systems Now Available at a Discount!
Click Image above to find out more.
Follow me on:
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.