Tex-Mex Seared Salmon
Over the years I have had many people tell me that they LOVE salmon but only order it when they eat out because it’s too scary to make. Not any more!
Here I’ve created the perfect lean and green FOOLPROOF salmon recipe that is SO ridiculously simple, you’ll want to make it time and again.
You start simply by sprinkling on the seasoning and then throw it in a hot pan. It's really simple, the key to success is patience. (If you want a quick little how-to video for this one, watch it here)
To make a complete meal (low carb, and Optavia recipe friendly!) pair the salmon with our easy Pico de Gallo and a drizzle of Fresh Lime Crema. Serve with your favorite veggie side dish. This pairs well with a simple salad drizzled with Balsamic Mosto Cotto or cauliflower rice. These 3 together make for a lean and green meal you won't soon forget!
Tex-Mex Seared Salmon
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 1 1/2 pounds wild caught salmon filet (will cook best if you have it at room temp)
- 1Tablespoon (one Capful) Stacey Hawkins Phoenix Sunrise Seasoning or salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne and onion to taste
- Preheat nonstick pan over high heat for 1 minute.
- While heating, sprinkle seasoning over the salmon (NOT on the skin side)
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- Place the fish, seasoning side down in the pan and let it cook for 4-6 minutes depending on thickness. You'll know it's ready to flip when a "crust" has formed from the seasoning and the fish releases from the pan easily.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Flip the fish over to skin side down and cook an additional 4-6 minutes. (Less for medium/rare and more for well done.) The best method to check for doneness is to use a meat thermometer. We cook to 130 degrees and then let it rest for 5 minutes for slightly pink and not overcooked.
- Remove from heat and serve. Fish should slide right off the skin and on to the plate.
Serving Size is 5 ounces of salmon
Counts for the entire meal: 5 ounces of salmon (1 Lean) 2 T Pico de Gallo (2 Condiments) and 1 T Lime Crema (1 Condiment)
Are you on Optavia 5&1 and Stressing? Please stop worrying... I've got your back!
No more guesswork, no counting Leans and Greens and no more worrying about what to eat. Ever.
Stacey's helped THOUSANDS learn the secret to making ridiculously delicious meals that comply with program and KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOREVER!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.