Tender Beef and Mushrooms- Slow Cooker Style
Rated 4.7 stars by 3 users
I love my slow cooker. Next to the air fryer, it's probably my favorite cooking appliance!
My fondness for this simple cooking machine is not only because of the ease with which you can cook so many things, but for the results it produces. There's just something about slow cooked food that is comforting, delicious and soul-satisfying.
Needing that warm hug this week, I created a batch of Tender Beef and Mushrooms that knocked my socks off. Not wanting to add any carbs and therefore no corn starch or carb-loaded thickener, I added sour cream instead at the end.
The results were spectacular! The sour cream just melted into the sauce, creating a creamy, slightly thick gravy that was delightful.
I served mine over zucchini noodles while everyone else ate it over egg noodles with the zucchini as a side.
This one is a real winner and with only a handful of ingredients, I know you AND your family will find it a winner as well.
1 1/2 lbs. stew beef, all visible fat removed and meat cut into 1" chunks
- Nonstick cooking spray
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Dash of Desperation Seasoning
- 1/2 C scallions
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning
- 3 C low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 C sliced button or baby bella mushrooms
- 2-4 C sauteed zucchini noodles
- Spray a large, nonstick frying pan with nonstick spray and heat over high heat.
- While heating, sprinkle steak chunks with Dash of Desperation Seasoning.
- Place beef chunks in the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes on two sides until well browned.
- While cooking, add the scallions and Garlic and Spring Onion Seasoning to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- When the beef is browned, place it in the slow cooker on top of the seasoning and scallions.
- Place the pan back over the heat and pour in the broth, scraping all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Gently pour the liquid into the slow cooker over the beef.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook the beef on low for 4 hours.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the slow cooker, stir and replace the lid. Cook for 2 additional hours until beef is fork tender.
- Stir in the sour cream until melted and smooth.
- Serve hot over zucchini noodles or other preferred side.
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 3/4 C zucchini noodles and 1/4 of the beef and mushroom mixture with sauce.
1 - Lean
0 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
3 - Green
3 - Condiments
0 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 24.1 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10.5 grams
- 164 milligrams
- 119 milligrams
- 3.3 grams
- .7 grams
- .9 grams
- 47 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!