Summer Harvest Chicken Salad
Sometimes you don't want to cook, or it's too hot to cook, or you just don't have it in you. I get it! And it's totally normal, and ok- don't beat yourself up.
This can also be a time, however, when it's dangerous. Why? Because if you're hungry and you don't want to cook, you'll be tempted to eat things that either aren't on your program or that just aren't good for you. What's the solution? Have something already ready to go! That's where my Summer Harvest Chicken Salad Lean and Green Recipe comes in.
You can throw this together in just a matter of minutes, often with ingredients you already have in the pantry and fridge. You could also plan ahead and just have a batch of this in the fridge for when you need it!
My kids and my man love this too and it often serves as a great after school snack or I've even seen someone in my household (names withheld to protect the not-so-innocent...) take just a forkful out of the container when he's needing a nibble.
This recipe is delicious, Lean and Green and totally approved for any low carb plan including the Mediterranean Diet, Weight Watchers, keto and more. It is even approved for an HCG diet if you omit the yogurt! You can see the nutritional breakdown below.
To access more deliciously easy low carb recipes, join the recipe club for weekly inspiration!
Summer Harvest Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 24 ounces (1 1/2 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded*
- 2 C raw veggies of your choice, chopped medium. I love celery, cucumbers, raw zucchini or yellow squash cubes, peppers and even tomatoes. Go for crunch and color!
- 4 T Reduced Fat Mayonnaise with Olive Oil *OR* 8 T Sour Cream and 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar if you like a more "wet" style salad.
- 1-2 capfuls Stacey Hawkins Citrus Dill Blend. or fresh dill, onion, parsley, garlic and lemon)
* You can use pre-cooked grilled chicken from a meal earlier in the week, you can use store-bought rotisserie style chicken or even plain canned chicken in this recipe.
- Chop the veggies.
- Add veggies, chicken, mayo and seasoning to a large bowl.[/step]
- Using 2 forks, toss to combine thoroughly.
- Season with Dash of Desperation seasoning or salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for 20 minutes, up to overnight to allow flavors to develop.
Serving Size is 1/4 of the finished recipe. Nutrition information is calculated using Reduced Fat Mayonnaise with Olive Oil, cucumbers and celery
Are you on Optavia 5&1 and Stressing? Please stop worrying... I've got your back!
No more guesswork, no counting Leans and Greens and no more worrying about what to eat. Ever.
Stacey's helped THOUSANDS learn the secret to making ridiculously delicious meals that comply with program and KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOREVER!
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guaran- tee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.