What? BBQ ribs can be a Lean and Green recipe? Oh yes they can! Juicy, succulent and chew down to the bone ribs are fine on program so long as you don’t slather them in sugary, garbage-y BBQ sauce. But what about the FLAVOR you might say? Well, Stacey’s got you covered- and without ANY extra fat either! But how??
The method is a simple combination of Stacey’s Smoked Sea Salt and Garlic Gusto Seasoning sprinkled on as a dry rub and then left to soak on the ribs for 1-24 hours. (If you can leave them overnight, the flavor is INCREDIBLE!) Then flash cooked on high heat, these baby back ribs are decadently wonderful, at any time of year. Enjoy!
(**NOTE** Many people have asked HOW can you cook ribs in 20 minutes?? The key is to use a good quality BABY BACK rib- not a super thick rib. This, in combination with not overcooking them leaves you with a mouthwatering, succulent and perfectly cooked rib, every time. Ask your butcher to help you make the right selection.)
1 1/2 lbs baby back ribs, excess fat trimmed & removed
- Sprinkle Salt and Gusto over ribs and spread to evenly coat. Wrap ribs in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for one hour to overnight (the longer, the better!)
- When ready to cook, preheat outdoor grill to high heat.
- Place ribs on lower rack, cover with bbq grill lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to the upper rack and cook for an additional 5 minutes. If no upper rack is available, reduce heat to medium.
- Flip the rack to the other side and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the ribs. Test with a meat thermometer to ensure they are done to your likeness. (for a great temperature reference, please check out: http://putporkonyourfork.com/pork-basics/cooking-guide/)
- Remove ribs from the grill, slice and serve!
Medifast recipe servings / Take Shape for Life recipe servings / Optavia recipe servings / Lean and Green Recipe servings: 5 ounces of meat (approx 2-3 ribs depending on size) is 1 Lean option and 1 Condiment.
Check out Stacey’s Lean & Green Meal Making Systems- Make AMAZING Lean and Green meals, with little to no effort!
Get FREE weekly motivation, recipes, tips and more!
The post Garlic Crusted BBQ Baby Back Ribs a Lean and Green Recipe appeared first on Stacey Hawkins.