Citrus Shrimp & Spinach
I love shrimp. Just LOVE it. It's low in calories, it's tender, juicy and delicious (when cooked right) and it can be flavored in SO many ways. This week we take 2 basic ingredients- shrimp and spinach and turn them from blah to WOW in creating Citrus Shrimp & Spinach.
What's even better is that this is truly a 10 minute meal. And who doesn’t love making dinner in less than 10 minutes per night? With simple ingredients on hand and some great seasonings to work with, this easy lean and green recipe is not only fast, it’s incredibly delicious.
- 2 lbs wild caught, raw shrimp, cleaned and tails removed
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Simply Brilliant Seasoning (or garlic, lemon, onion, lemon and black pepper)
- 6 cups baby spinach greens, arugula greens, beet greens or a combination
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and sprinkle with seasoning. Stir to coat and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Shrimp should be opaque and cooked on both sides.
- Add the greens to the pan. Using a pair of tongs, toss the greens in the pan for a minute or two until just wilted.
- Serve hot
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size 7 oz. shrimp and 1 1/2 cups of greens
0 - Lean
0 - Leaner
1 - Leanest
3 - Green
1 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 7.6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 358 milligrams
- 450 milligrams
- 4.2 grams
- 1 grams
- .2 grams
- 40 grams
The mom-trepreneur behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.
After losing 100 pounds as a foodie who REFUSED to give up really great tasting meals, Stacey now shares her products, recipes and methods to make delicious foods that get results! Whether you're looking to lose a few pounds, or just get a healthful dinner on the table every night, Stacey's products, recipes and meal making systems make it deliciously EASY to Make a Better Meal & Live a Better Life, no matter WHAT your diet!