Charred Sirloin with Tomatoes and Creamy Garlic Sauce
Flavor is the key to taking something as plain and simple as steak and tomatoes and transforming it into a spicy-cool Lean and Green meal that will delight your tastebuds as much as your waistline.
In this week's recipe, sirloin steak is sprinkled (or slathered- all depends on how hot you like it!) with our bold Kickin' Cajun seasoning and then char grilled and combined with garden fresh tomatoes and a cool, creamy garlic sauce. The combination? Magic!!
Made in just a matter of minutes, this can be served over a green salad, or amp up the flavor even more with some Creamy Fauxtatoes or Garlic Green Beans. Great as an Optavia Recipe, a Weight Watchers Recipe and also a keto chicken recipe.
Happy Cooking & Enjoy!
1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, excess fat removed
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Kickin' Cajun
- 2 cups fresh chopped garden tomatoes
- 1/2 C light sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon Stacey Hawkins Garlic Gusto
- Natural Sea Salt and Fresh ground pepper to taste
Sprinkle the Kickin' Cajun seasoning over the steak. Pat the seasoning so it sticks to the steak.
Grill the steak on an outdoor BBQ grill for 5-7 minutes on each side until medium rare. Alternately, you can cook this in an indoor grill or in a cast iron pan on the stove.
- While steak is cooking, chop the tomatoes and make the garlic sauce by combining the sour cream, garlic seasoning and vinegar.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes and then slice thin.
- Place 1/2 C tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of garlic sauce over the sliced steak. Serve hot, room temp or chilled & enjoy!
Recipe Notes & Optavia Counts
Serving Size is 5 ounces of steak,(1 Lean) 1/2 C of tomatoes (1 Green) and 1 tablespoon1 of sauce (2 condiments.)
0 - Lean
1 - Leaner
0 - Leanest
1 - Green
3 - Condiments
1 - Healthy Fat
The mom-trepreneur FOODIE behind the brand, now 100 pounds lighter.Read stacey’s story